“We are hopeful” you consider us as your online marketing partner.
In the case we are not the right fit
Here are 7 practices clients should take when hiring us, or another SEO firm:
1. Read reviews. Yes this is obvious, but more than 75% of our clients have been victims of faulty firms. Honestly it's not the client's fault, most decision makers are new to hiring an online marketing or SEO agency. If you are considering an SEO agency, look online for reviews left o third party websites.
PRO TIP – Discard testimonials on their website unless the review is citing and linked to a third party review platform i.e. Google reviews, Yelp, Bing or Yahoo. Click the link to check the authenticity of the review. (see above)
2. Instant results. The fast or instant rankings pitch is nothing more than a play on words, beware. Ranking a website for the client's brand name (company name) is monkey work (no offense to monkeys). Sure it's nice to appear on the web for your business name, but if the only people who know your company name are past customers and friends, this will not increase sales.
Just like you searched Google, Bing, Yahoo or Yelp using keywords like Chicago SEO Experts or best SEO company Chicago and found our website, your potential customers are searching for the services or products you provide.
Anyone who claims they can ‘get you on page one right away', is lying or playing with words. Profitable keywords take time. Google tirelessly protects search results from spammers. Google page one results are gained by meeting Google's best practices and natural brand building.
3. No reviews. The fear of retaliation can make a business owners reluctant to write a bad review. Unfortunately, many under performing SEO companies have no reviews. This is especially true for overseas SEO agencies. Know this: rebranding a fly-by-night company online takes a few hours, and new US phone numbers are widely available online.
4. The SEO agency doesn't have a merchant account. If the SEO agency insists on a 3rd party payment service i.e. PayPal, Stripe, World Remit…. , run! Third party solutions are easy to setup and require very little verification making them easy to be gamed.
Disclaimer: some SEO services accept third party payment solutions in addition to their merchant account, this is okay. The reason professional SEO agencies offer third party solutions is to keep merchant fees low. Again, if the SEO insists on a third party payment processor, there is good reason to be cautious.
5. Profitable SEO results take time. Scammers and low performing SEO companies know SEO results take time. Scammers are confident you researched SEO online and were likely to read how profitable results can, in some cases, take a year. They know you are likely to make a few payments without question.
6. The perfect offer. The facts are, if they don't ask for a monthly contract, a credit card on file or promise fast results, they're desperate or a scammer. Low performing agencies and scammers count on a busy business owner failing to research their performance. These people say what the potential client wants to hear, no contract, no risk, instant results, hands off, simple, easy, fast. They are counting on the business owner making a split decision, they know it's a stressful decision, so they make it seem easy. Take your time.
PRO TIP – ‘If it seems too good to be true, it probably is'.
7. Invalid proof. Often low performing agencies and scammers offer to show the results of one or two websites on Google.
The problem: they might not have performed the SEO, they piggybacked a previous SEO agency, low keyword(s) difficulty or you don't know how long they took.
Bonus. Download and print our [How-to hire an SEO agency checklist]. Get everything you need before hiring an SEO agency.
Disclaimer: It goes without saying, but to be transparent, CWDSC meets the all vetting requirements. We strive for excellence; therefore we set and operate at a high standard.
In your corner,
SEO expert & CEO Jack Lombardi II